Authenticating Saskatchewan BC & ROLB
For efficient and timely processing of your documents, please follow this checklist:
- Documents must be notarized by a Saskatchewan Notary Public with an original signature, notarial seal and expiry date of the notary public. For eHealth documents (birth or death certificates), check with your consulate or embassy to see if they require the original or a true certified copy (notarized).
- If more than one document is being sent in, please staple or clip together as you want them packaged (fee is $50 per certificate package). Please check with the consulate requiring the documents for how they require items packaged if you are unsure.
- Provide your contact information, phone number and email.
Mail only the documents to be authenticated in the package to:
Ministry of Justice and Attorney General
800 – 1874 Scarth Street
Regina SK S4P 4B3
Phone: (306) 787-2951 or (306) 787-8389
Process of authentication (please allow up to three to five days):
- The Deputy Attorney General will verify that the Notary’s signature is valid. 2. A certificate signed by the Lieutenant Governor will verify the Deputy Attorney General’s signature.
- The document is then stamped with the Great Seal of Saskatchewan and is considered authenticated.
- Documents are returned to the client.
The fee for authentication is $50 per certificate package, to be paid by cheque, or money order made payable to the Minister of Finance. For credit card payment over the phone please include a note stating your name and phone number, indicating that is how you would like to pay. You will be contacted for payment once the documents are received and authenticated.
Documents are returned by regular mail, or you may include a pre-paid, self-addressed return courier envelope (such as Xpresspost, available at Canada Post).
Saskatchewan Authentication website: https://www.saskatchewan.ca/government/notarized-documents-legislation-maps/authenticating-notarized-documents
Notary Public to use:
Yvonne Bloos Mobile Notary Public
Offers to notarize said documents, send those certified copies to get authenticated in an addressed prepaid envelope you will provide, and then will send your originals back to you in a 2nd self addressed prepaid envelope all for the cost of $60.00 + tax. Contact her for more details at: email@example.com
Registered Mailing Instructions For BC & ROLB to Official Documents
- Make sure the amounts enclosed are accurate.
- Copy the Cover letter template for yourself to use and edit the information that is correct at your time of mailing including amounts enclosed.
- Sign document with Blue Pen (First, Last name as usual)
- Attach one of the registered mail tracking stamps at the top right as shown in above example on your cover letter. You will get these registered mail stickers from the post office. Attach the other one to the receipt you get at the post office when sending. Put this in your binder for your records. Take a picture of your document or photocopy it and keep a record in your binder with a picture of the envelope.
- Send Registered Mail.
- When your documents come back, keep them in your binder (in plastic sleeves to keep them in good shape).
In this Process You Will Want to keep Copies of Everything for your records!
Done by the light of day this:
Second day of the twelve month of:
Two-thousand and Nineteen this common era.
To: Ministry of Justice and Attorney General
800 – 1874 Scarth Street
RE: Authentication Request for Registration Document
I am requesting authentication of the below document(s) that are enclosed: 1. Registration of Live Birth
- Birth Certificate
I have enclosed $XX Money Order ($XX.00 per document) payable to; (ask Official Documents whom to write Money Order out to)
I affirm that I require this process “for business and private matters” and these document(s) will NOT be used for “fraudulent purposes.”
Please return to the address below in prepaid envelope provided:
LAST, FIRST MIDDLE
#123 123 Ave.
Vancouver, BC V3A 3V2
By: Authorized Representative: ___________________________________ John