If you are in the process of ordering your BC & ROLB Yukon Territory Vital Statistics will notarize Birth Certificates or Registration of a Live Birth certificate documents, the fee to notarize both certificates is $10.00. Arrange this with them if you are in the process of ordering these certificates and that you would like them mailed express post.
Or if you have your certificates in hand (not notarized) you will need to arrange with vital statistics to send your Registration of a Live Birth, Birth Certificate, prepaid self addressed envelope and money order to:
The Government of Yukon
Vital Statistics (H-2)
- Business hours: 9:00am to 5:00pm.
- Phone: 867-667-5207.
- Toll Free (Yukon, Nunavut and NWT); 1-800-661-0408 ext. 5207.
- Fax: 867-393-6486.
- Email: Vital.Statistics@gov.yk.ca.
Another option if you have your BC & ROLB and need them notarized:
Where to find notaries if you do not wish to use vital statistics for notarization in Yukon:
- In the List of notaries (notaries enrolled under section 5)
- In the List of government notaries (notaries enrolled under section 16)
- A notary public is a commissioner for taking oaths in Yukon.
If you decide to find a notary to use, arrange with them the costs and services you require, that they notarize said certificates, send those notarized copies to authentications with a self addressed prepaid envelope you will provide, the cover letter provided below and send back your original certificates in a 2nd self addressed prepaid envelope you provide.
Get a document verified
The Commissioner of Yukon can be asked to authenticate the signature of a Yukon notary public or Justice of the Peace on your official documents. Examples of official documents are birth certificates, marriage certificates or adoption paperwork. The Commissioner cannot authenticate the official documents.
The Commissioner provides this service free of charge.
To have the signature of a Yukon notary public or Justice of the Peace authenticated, bring the document with their signature and seal to the Office of the Commissioner. You do not need an appointment.
The Commissioner will:
- authenticate the signature of the notary or Justice of the Peace on your official document;
- give you a document confirming this; and
- give you back your official document.
The role of the Commissioner is not to verify the contents of your documents. The Commissioner’s role is only to confirm that the notary public or Justice of the Peace who has stamped and sealed the document is an active registered Yukon notary.
When you receive your notarized copies from Vital Statistics, send them for authentication to:
Office of the Commissioner:
412 Main Street
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2B7
Registered mailing Instructions For BC & ROLB to Official Documents
- Copy the Cover letter template for yourself to use and edit the information that is correct at your time of mailing including amounts enclosed.
- Sign document with Blue Pen (First, Last name as usual)
- Attach one of the registered mail tracking stamps at the top right as shown in above example on your cover letter. You will get these registered mail stickers from the post office. Attach the other one to the receipt you get at the post office when sending. Put this in your binder for your records. Take a picture of your document or photocopy it and keep a record in your binder with a picture of the envelope.
- Send Registered Mail.
- When your documents come back, keep them in your binder (in plastic sleeves to keep them in good shape).
Done by the light of day this:
Second day of the twelve month of:
Two-thousand and Nineteen this common era.
To: Office of the Commissioner:
412 Main Street
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2B7
RE: Request for Registration Document authentication
I am requesting authentication of the below document(s) that are enclosed:
- Registration of Live Birth
- Birth Certificate
I affirm that I require this process “for business and private matters” and these document(s) will NOT be used for “fraudulent purposes.”
Please return to the address below in prepaid envelope provided:
LAST, FIRST MIDDLE
#123 123 Ave.
Vancouver, BC V3A 3V2
By: Authorized Representative: ___________________________________