Ontario Registration of Life Birth Authentication:
- Send your Registration of Live Birth registered mail to Official Documents Services in Ontario (address below) to have it authenticated.
- In the envelope include the authentication cover letter, 1 prepaid envelope addressed to yourself, and the fee for authentication.
ROLB Authentication fee: Ontario government official document $ 32.00
Official Documents Services
222 Jarvis St
Toronto ON M7A 0B6
Birth Certificate Authentication:
- Have your BC Notarized by sending it registered mail to a Notary in Ontario on file with authentications.
- Include in this envelope, your BC, the authentication cover letter, a prepaid envelope addressed to yourself, a cheque/ money order addressed to the Notary for their fees, and a cheque/ money order payable to the Minister of Finance for the authentication fee.
- Arrange with the Notary to have them send your notarized copy of BC to Official Documents Services and back to them. Ask that the Notary hold onto your original BC until the authenticated copy returns. The Notary can then send the original BC and authenticated copy in the prepaid envelope addressed to yourself. You could also get the notary to send your original back, and provide a self addressed envelope for that, as well as one for authentications to send back your authenticated certified true copy to you.
Authentication fee: Notarized legal document: $16.00
Notary on file with authentications in Ontario:
95 St Joseph St Office 129, Toronto, ON M6H 3G8
Call us at 647-799-3531
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Registered Mailing Instructions For ROLB to Official Documents
- Call Official Documents to make sure the amounts enclosed is accurate. PH#
- Copy the Cover letter template for yourself to use and edit the information that is correct at your time of mailing including amounts enclosed. Make one for both ROLB & BC authentication request.
- Sign document with Blue Pen (First, Last name as usual)
- Attach one of the registered mail tracking stamps at the top right as shown in above example on your cover letter. You will get these registered mail stickers from the post office. Attach the other one to the receipt you get at the post office when sending. Put this in your binder for your records. Take a picture of your document or photocopy it and keep a record in your binder with a picture of the envelope.
- Send Registered Mail.
- When your documents come back, keep them in your binder (in plastic sleeves to keep them in good shape).
In this Process You Will Want to keep Copies of Everything
for your records!
Done by the light of day this:
Second day of the twelve month of:
Two-thousand and Nineteen this common era.
To: Official Documents Services
222 Jarvis St
Toronto ON M7A 0B6
RE: Authentication Request for Registration Document
I am requesting authentication of the below document(s) that are enclosed:
- Registration of Live Birth
I have enclosed $XX Money Order ($XX.00 per document) payable to; (ask Official Documents whom to write Money Order out to)
I affirm that I require this process “for business and private matters” and these document(s) will NOT be used for “fraudulent purposes.”
Please return to the address below in prepaid envelope provided:
LAST, FIRST MIDDLE
#123 123 Ave.
Vancouver, BC V3A 3V2
By: Authorized Representative: ___________________________________